Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Transfers and miracles

Aloha my wonderful ohana! We have had such an amazing week! It has been crazy but in all the madness of transferring missionaries to new locations, I have seen many "Tender Mercies" that have fallen upon me! I love these missionaries i serve with soo much! I am just amazed at how much we have all grown as friends and fellow servants of our Savior! The missionaries have been doing small things to let us know how much they love and appreciate us and it makes a huge difference in my life! I don't think they know how much it means! The Lord blesses us, and much of the time its through other people that he does so! I have received food at almost every transfer spot that the missionaries bring for us as we drive! From snack stuff like the sisters home made cake and brownies, to the Elders buying us Gatorade's and juice! They are amazing! A lady in Mountain Home ("Sister B") always is so kine to make us full meals on transfer days and she is amazing! I was blessed to see tons of people from my old areas at the airport yesterday and we saw a huge miracle as we sat waiting for the new missionaries to arrive from Provo. We were sitting with President and Sister Cannon and I was reading my scriptures. I herd Elder Nelson gasp and i looked up to see Liz Anderson walking past the terminal. I was shocked and we ran up to her as she dragged her luggage... Liz Anderson is a recent convert we baptised the week of conference! She was baptised in between the sat sessions and she is an amazing young women! Her testimony and spirit fills all rooms she enters and its powerful to meet with her! She went to Utah this weekend to see her Fiance and spend some time with him before they are married next month but she saw us and was filled with tears! We said "LIZ!!! How was your trip?" She answered with tears in her eyes and her head down "not good at all." We were speechless cause that is not the Liz we know. She is always optimistic and enthusiastic and full of life but it was obvious that she was down. After talking with her we smiled at each other and she said "that was exactly what i needed" She had been through numberless flight delays and hard things that she ended up in Utah with only 1 hour left to see her fiance whom she missed more than anything and had not seen for a while. She arrived in Utah only to find out she had to board her plane home in minutes... Long story short she prayed for help on the flight home cause she was just down in the depths of discouragement and depression and who did she see the second she hopped off the plane?... Heavenly Father works miracles and its in the most random mysterious ways but they do happen! We offered her a blessing this morning at 6:30 am before she went to work and she bore testimony to us of how we were answers to her pray and just what she needed in her hardest hour! I love my mission cause this is just a glimpse of everyday events that occur and its just a huge blessing and opportunity and blessing to serve here at this time! If your having a hard time right now, I promise you that things will get better! Be patient, pray harder than you ever have before even though you're exhausted! Search a little deeper in Christ words and above all, find time to forget yourself and serve another! I love Pres. Monsons plead for his birthday gift a while ago. All he wanted was for us to find someone who was having a hard time, some even harder than our own at times... And help them, serve them, listen to them and above all, LOVE THEM! I love you all and know with out a shadow of a doubt that this is the risen Christs true and LIVING church! I know that because HE LIVEs!!! Miracles still occur. I pray and hope that you will have a great week... It will be what you choose to make it!
-Elder Runnels

No comments:

Post a Comment