Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord.

Wow! What a great week! It has been the best week ever! I was able to come full circle again this week as we were up in Ontario Oregon! We went to see someone who we are teaching and on the way back we stopped in Fruitland to see one of my favorite ohanas up there! The Claytons! It was so much fun to catch up with them!! Kinda random tho, cause we pulled up and sister Clayton and Tabitha were in the hot tub and we showed up... It was an amazing experience to see the family cause we taught two different people there at their home about a year ago! I was so pleased to hear that Kaitlyn Azlet was absolutely active and STRONG in the gospel! She goes to B.Y.U.I. and is dating a return missionary and she even could be getting married in the temple soon! I am so amazed at how powerful this was to hear that we (Elder Mackay, and I) were able to be instruments in the Lords hands to help his daughter! Even better the family printed off a copy of her conversion story for me and it was crazy! I had no clue about all that she was going through as we were teaching her but now i was able to see how much faith she really had and how amazing she truly is!!! I just loved it! We had some amazing experiences as well with miracles happening as we work to find people to teach! We were contacting people in one of the B.S.U. apartments and we stopped an Asian lady (which there are not many of here) and it was so inspired! She was divorced but actually a member! She was converted in Japan and one of her missionaries came back to marry her and she moved to Idaho! Sad thing is that it did not work out and she has been inactive for a long time but she was so sweet and welcoming and i know she will come back as she rekindles the flame she once had and felt! We then missed out on contacting some boys in a home They pulled out of their driveway as we walked up so we just kept walking, trying to act like we wernt there for them so we didn't feel dumb:) but anyway we ended up tracking out a hale next to them and we found someone who was so willing to hear our message! We told her of the important message we had and how much it would bless her life and we then asked if we could come in and share it with her! She said with out a moments hesitation "Yes, I would love that"!!! We were shocked a little but excited to see how Heavenly Father works! Amazing week! We were blessed to be able to do some service this weekend and it was a weird, but super fun one! We helped one of our good friends that lives in Nampa, move a rock climbing wall! He bought it from the Meridian Golds Gym and he is installing it in his Gym at his house! He is the owner of a huge dirt biking company and anyway we helped him load it in 2 pieces on a semi-truck! It was a blast and I ran the fork lift! We got it on safely and braced it for the ride! We unloaded it perfectly too and I cant wait till its all welded together and set up so we can climb! Its Massive and it will be a ton of fun! I have had some great talks with President lately and he is amazing! He always knows when we need to talk and just randomly takes me out to chat! He is my best friend and i love him! Anyway this is why i was not too mad when he pleaded with me to stay in this area till the end of my mission. He originally said i would be able to go back into the field and serve my last one or two transfers but he said he and the Lord really need me so i agreed and will be here till July! He reminded me that it will be a 9 month area for me but i don't mind cause this area is on fire! The students in all our wards are amazing and so into the work that our job is simple.... TEACH! We are working on transfers still cause we call them out this week Fri.! I have 2 transfers left and I was excited to be able to serve back in the field but the song kept ringing in my head "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord" and i am excited about the work He has for me to do! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ sooo much and i will do anything, ANYTHING for him if he asks! I know without a shadow of a doubt that He loves me and us and He knows how to succor us in our time of need! I know He lives and though the trials may be hard, we can do anything seemingly impossible with Him by our side! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
-Elder Runnels

No comments:

Post a Comment