Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wow well this week was crazy good! We have had so many miracles and countless blessings as we have been serving the Lord with all our hearts! I love my companion and i love our friends we teach and i love President Cannon and i love our missionaries and i just pretty much love life! I cant really explain what i feel but i have just a portion of a knowledge of the love our Heavenly Father has for us! I have just had a full heart lately and nothing matters to me right now but loving and serving those around me! I feel this sense of urgency right now cause my time is nearing the end and i feel so blessed that everything is working right! I know The Lords hand is in it all and i know he is with me! K so just a quick story! I woke up Friday morning to a bunch of voice mails and text from people i love from all around Idaho and Oregon, telling me they were praying for me and my family and friends! I was informed in all the messages that an earthquake had occurred in Japan and that Hawaii was expecting a tsunami! Wow, I feel like i have been through this before with the earthquake in Chile and the potential tsunami hitting Hawaii then! This was #2 now on my mission that i woke up to news like this! I knew the pattern to feeling comfort as i had done this before so i dropped to my knees, I poured out my soul to God and cried to him to work yet another miracle in my life to the preserving of those i love! I knew the second i stood up from that prayer that all was well! I felt a perfect peace and i went about my duties as the Lords servant with a perfect knowledge that he loved us all, and through whatever happened, Its Fine! I gave a training to all the Zone Leaders at Zone leader Council and never thought of this tragedy again till my night prayers!~ I feel much like Nephi of old when he exclaimed "I Love The Lord" and i feel the same emotions as he did when he declared "and my tears water my pillow by night". I like Nephi, love you all so much that i too have experienced the love he had as he prayed for every ones welfare both spiritually and physically! I felt so loved as i woke up to so many voice mails of people i had met over the last year or so, that above all else, were seriously concerned with my families safety! I am glad our Heavenly Father is So "quick to hear the cries of his people" and that he knows us so well! I cant even single out a single story to tell you cause i have like a top 10 list in my head that blew my mind this week and i feel like i cant share it all in the time i have, but i have them all recorded in my journal and i cant wait to come home and show you "that the tender mercies of the Lord are unto all his people"! What can i say, THE CHURCH IS TRUE! Its is sooooo true and i know it with all my heart! I am reminded of the 'Mormon Message' President Cannon showed us a little while ago when i think of life... Elder Eyring declared "Bad as things are today, they will be better the next day. If we choose to serve God THIS DAY!" It brings hope that a better day is right around the corner and all we need is a little faith! I promise you all that God lives and loves every one of you! As i pray for you all in the Temple i have so many impressions of how you are all doing individually and that though your all being tried and bogged down by certain things in life, You will pull through and be stronger and yes even closer to God than you have ever dreamed! "Be not afraid, for the end is not yet".. "for if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear" The world is getting dark, satan, the father of all lies is old and is getting creative in using any excuse of making us depressed. He knows he will NEVER have a body! He knows he will NEVER have an Eternal Family! He knows our potential and it scares him! "Let us all press on in the work of the Lord, That when life is over, we may gain a reward!" I know life gets hard but i know we can do it! I love you all and i hope if you ever need anything you will be humble enough to accept help and acknowledge that God answers prayers. And most of the time its through other people that he does so! I have no clue why I'm saying all this but i just felt impressed to say these things, so if its for YOU!... TAKE IT! RECEIVE IT! and apply it to your lives! As you do so i promise you that when we shall meet again, we will be much like the sons of Mosiah and Alma, in their great Reunion! We will be so happy and rejoice that we are all still brethren in the Lord and still doing the things Christ would have us do! In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

--
-Elder Runnels

No comments:

Post a Comment