Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Aloha my wonderful Ohana! This week was amazing! I pretty much really love being a missionary! Last Tue. after i E-mailed, we were driving to Eagle and it started Hailing again so i stuck a cup out the window and i filled it up! First time in my life i scored some free "dip n dots" I was stoked! I ate it all and Elder Nelson thinks I'm crazy but it really was a nice treat! It snowed again this week mostly on Thursday and its kinda windy right now. We ran 5 miles yesterday and on the way down our route it was easy cause the wind was at our back but coming home it was super hard running against the wind. I started quoteing one of my favorite scriptures Hel. 5:12 and it was fun to see how it had real application to our run! I have officially decided that I'M WEIRD! I have changed so much in the last year. I cant believe the highlights of fun in my week include running in heavy wind quoting scripture. Ill need a few weeks when i get home to "Normalize" myself... (is that a word?) Anyway, as to missionary work, It just seemed this week to me that everyone we came in contact with was super low on hope! It was hard for me cause we know what they need and we know what can help them but if they will not "RECEIVE" it then theres not much we can do but support them. We were contacting a few investigators to see how we could help them but we stopped by a man in this trailer park who was smoking on the side of his hale. We asked him how he was today and he said "not today boys, my friend just died" We felt love for this man even tho we had just met him. We promised him hope and and told him that he could overcome this through Christ. He just kept saying how life "sucked" and he lit up another cigarette, It was hard to see him in an all time low and not even want the hope of the gospel! I have a new found sense of how much the Plan of Salvation means to me! It is everything and it is a Plan of Happiness and joy! I know a seed was planted and hopefully as he looks back he will know that this is good! Life is so good in the Gospel isn't it? I know its not perfect but its a lot easier to pull through trials with the Light we have! We also got to go to Emmet Idaho and give talks for Their stake Priesthood in Excellence. I loved it so much cause these young men have a limitless potential and i had just an amazing vision of all these boys with tags on their shirts serving all over the world! It was amazing to see how the Lord was preparing them and molding them and forming them to be his instruments in the near future! I am impressed with the youth in Idaho! They are so strong and there is so many of them that they support each other in resisting temptation! What a sight! Kyla our investigator and friend is being baptised this Sat. at 2pm and she is so prepared! We taught the Laws of Tithing, fasting, chastity, and Word of Wisdom this week and she took it all in stride! She is amazing and is excited to enter the waters of baptism! The singles ward she is in just wrapped her in their welcoming arms and she expressed how even tho she will be loosing her real family when she is baptised, (She will be kicked out on Sat from her home.) She knows she has her ward family to love and support her. She said "I will follow my Heavenly Father any day over my earthly parents who are misled" Whats an amazing amount of faith and strength. We started figuring out transfers yesterday and it will be a big one. We are deciding who we need to step up to be zone leaders cause we loose a bunch of our Zone leaders going home. We are excited cause we have an enthusiastic obedient group steppin up now! It is amazing as we sit there and council with President Cannon and watch him receive Revelation right in front of our eyes! We did it all day but he gave us break for lunch and he took us to Cafe Rio, (the best place ever!) to eat! Well all is good and I'm going to head to Nampa now to get Elder Akina and take him out to lunch. I miss him and i need to see him to talk story so we might go to Sushi up there! Shoots

--
-Elder Runnels

No comments:

Post a Comment