Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a Gospel of HOPE

This week was the best week ever!!!! I have had so much happen this week that its impossible to type it all. No really cause i still type with 2 fingers... oh but actually i have graduated to hitting the space bar with my thumb so i guess 3 fingers now ! Any way I have Had some crazy spiritual experiences this week and many happened on exchanges! We had these "New missionary trainings" this week. We had all missionaries under 6 months come to the meeting where we trained them on the Doctrine of Christ and Obedience! It was so powerful to see that the mission is in great hands with these future leaders! They are remarkable young missionaries! Way better than I was and they inspire me! So on exchanges i was able to go out with an Elder I came out with (Elder Heffler) and i loved it! He has so much love in his work and we were contacting in the morning! After having no one home for the 1st 10 homes or so we knocked on a door and an old lady (sis. Peterson) answered. She invited us in and we found out quickly how hard her life was. Her husband was bed ridden and he had to make regular trips to the E.R. due to his health! We offered our help and even a Blessing but she denied it. She then told us about her non member Mom who she thinks is ready to be taught and we instantly thought "that's why we came here!" But the true meaning of why we were there was still to come forth! We asked if we could leave her with a spiritual thought and she accepted! We gave a thought about hope but no joke the second we opened our scriptures she started crying! We knew at that point our visit was much more than just receiving a refferl.... It was to share the message of the Hope the Atonement brings! What a powerful experience and as we left with a prayer, she had gone through a half box of Kleenex! We talked as we walked away and said to each other... "See Elder, That's what its all about"! This is a Gospel of HOPE! It snowed and hailed kinda a lot this week! We hit a fat hail storm coming back from Twin Falls! Good fun, We stuck our hands out the window going 75 and let the hail hit us, I just recommend you probably don't try that if you have the chance! It may or may not hurt alot! hahaha Nah but I met another Hawaiian from Waimanalo and he sent me home with tons of Kalua Pig and Manapua! Chee hoo! I was so stoked! His name is unko Keoki and i love his ohana! I got to go back to Kuna again too for a Baptism! I was in church a little over a year ago and i walked up to a lady i never recognized and asked if we could meet with her some time, (thinking she was not a member) She turned out to be inactive but came back! Her husband and 3 kids were not members and all are not Baptized! It was nice to "come full circle" in a sense! I loved seeing everyone in Kuna and a family (the Hayes) ran home right after to get me cookies! They just wanted to give me something:) and we ate dinner with the Christensens!!! The ohana i used to live with! I loved it, they are sooo sweet! Oh just a random side note.. Elder Nelson and i love to have fun and we have this F.O.B. Samoan girl in our mission.. Sister So'oialo! I have been writing down some of her quotes lately and here are some! "When we pray for pacific things, we receive a pacific answer" hahaha (Pacific means Specific in Samoan i guess!) Oh and we saw her in the morning and she said "El-ters! Good Morgan!" Meaning -Elders!, Good Morning! Its fun for me cause i get to translate for my companion and she caught him laughing at her once and for real kine... She kicked him in the shin... HARD! I told him to be careful cause she is not shy to beat guys up! Its all good fun and she is an amazing missionary! This gospel is so true and its so simple! I understood it at 10 years old when i would recite article of faith 4! Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Holy Ghost, and Joyfully Enduring to the End! But on the other hand "The most difficult and most challenging thing we will ever do is live the gospel of Jesus Christ!"- Spencer W. Kimbal But i might add its also the single most rewarding thing we will ever do! I love this work! Isaiah called this "A marvelous work and a wonder" and like Elder Holland said.. "He got the WORK part right cause its not easy! But its a wonder cause i see miracles every second of my life! Aloha till next week!
--

No comments:

Post a Comment