Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentines day yesterday! I hope you all enjoyed it! This week was an amazing week to be in the service of God! I was sooo happy to see the miracles that occurred this week! We were blessed to teach a ton and even found 2 more people to start teaching! To start off tho, I love my companion with all my heart but he is such a clown! I for the first time asked him to back up the trailer cause i normally do it, and i just lost it! hahaha I feel bad but i just sat back and enjoyed it for a while before i helped him learn how. I laughed sooo hard cause he was trying to get it into our driveway and he kept turning the wrong way! I guess its just one of those things where you had to be there! Then at our Leadership Training Meeting we had to go during President Cannons training to change the batteries on the cordless Microphone and while in the library I guess he thought the Mic. would not transmit all the way to the chapel! We changed the batteries and he started acting dumb like we always do but little did we know every missionaries in the church could hear him! HAHAHA It was so classic when we walked back in and everyone was rolling in laughter! I'm not gunna lie, its hard for me to get embarrassed but i was embarrassed for him! so anyway, we committed another Girl to baptism and we are excited! We are seeing so many miracles in our area and this week as we weekly planned we decided that some of our investigators need a stronger testimony of the Book Of Mormon. We know we CANNOT convert anyone beyond our own personal conversion so we made a goal to 'Pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true' for ourselves! Obviously we already know but we decided we need to again "Practice what we preach!" We pray every night this week in our companionship and personally! I invite all of you to do the same! We got to make valentines day sugar cookies at an investigators hale and it was a ton of fun! We made huge cookies and ate them while we taught of Charity, the pure love of Christ! We figure on that day we minus will use the day of love to point others to the Saviors Love! Oh at our valentines day "Linger Longer" at our singles ward we were in line to get food and i was talking to the girl in front of me! My main object in talking to her was to get a refferl to teach her friend but she looked a little different. I asked her how her Sabbath day was going and she said "ok"... That is a totally inappropriate response to my question after a powerful meeting so i asked why she said that... She said she felt horrible and had a bad migraine all day! I offered a blessing and she said "i would love that" but i said "why don't you go and get some food in you first. Maybe that will help you feel better?" so she did and i turned back to elder Nelson to tell him we needed to give a blessing... Just a few min. later i looked towards her just in time to see her fall to the ground in line. I along with others ran to her to help but she was passed out lying on the floor... She still was breathing but very lightly so we turned her head to the side in case she vomited and left her for a while... she came to eventually and we gave her a blessing... Long story short is i think Heavenly Father was telling me to NEVER DELAY A BLESSING!!! I knew in my heart that we needed to give her a blessing but i thought it could wait! I learned a valuable lesson this Sunday that we are never to put off spiritual promptings! We got her a ride home and she was fine but it was an awaking for me and i am grateful for the Priesthood! On a lighter note, President gave us the OK to give texting to all the missionaries now cause only we had it and the zone leaders so i think the work here will explode cause of that... Also we were asked by President to go online to MORMON.ORG to create our own profile that we can invite our investigators to! I thought that was cool so this week we will do that. Oh Mom and Aunty Nikki he said to ask you for a picture of me pre-mission to put on it! It needs to be an appropriate one tho. Not one with Dreads! No but for real! Eh the Lord is blessing me so much and i know he is doing the same for you! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Aloha!

--
-Elder Runnels

No comments:

Post a Comment