Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Italian food and 5 baptisms ...

Wow!!! What an amazing week this was! I know it must seem like i repeat myself every week to start off but its sooo true! This week was amazing! We drove back and forth from Twin Falls and I was able to go on exchanges with my old companion Elder Eyring! I served with him in Eagle! I love him and it was fun to be out working in the field with him for a day! We stayed at a house right on the snake river and it is a beautiful hale! We had our dinner appointment cancel and so we went to Papa Kelseys for some food! He is the member they live with down there and he owns some restaurants! His rule is that we can either get food 1/2 off or we can go behind the counter and make our own food for free! He is so funnie but anyway he had to leave for a half hour so for our dinner break we ran his restaurant with one other employee! It was so classic cause his store is a Italian restaurant and its pretty high class in the middle of nowhere! He showed us quickly how to cook the dishes that were most popular and he went on his way for a half hour! hahaha It never ceases to amaze me how people are the more and more you get away from town! I love it! So we ran it for a while and he got back to take over. Then i made myself some pasta and we ate! It was an interesting experience! Then we met up with one of their ward mission leaders and he is more red neck then i ever seen before! we had so much fun laughing with.... well more like at him! He has a great heart though so we tried not to laugh too much but we could not hold it! I got to go back to Fruitland and Payette this weekend to see 5 of the people i taught be Baptised! I was so happy! 4 of them were in a family that we got as a refferl from the Area Seventy, Elder Natress and the other was Allie who we taught a ton but she needed to get married before she could be Baptised! Well it was a nice experience to come full circle in a sense! Yesterday we had some amazing lessons where we were able to, through the spirit, commit 3 more people to Baptism! We have one on the 12 of Feb. and one on the 26 of Feb. and the other girl is not sure when but she will pray to know whats right for her! They were all powerful lessons and i love how much faith these young adults show in following Christ example! it strengthens my testimony tons to see it! I just love being able to teach this gospel that has brought me so much joy! I hope we all recognize how blessed we truly are and i hope we never get down or pessimistic about life! We have no reason to be knowing what we know! We have no excuse in being negative, cause we have the plan of salvation or happiness! If your feeling down, do what i tell all the missionaries to do... "SUCK IT UP AND GO TO WORK!" see if that gets your mind off your self and on to those you love! I never let myself get down cause life is too short! I love my Savior sooo much and i love sharing this joy with all my brother and sisters! I have this burning desire for their salvation as we teach and i just hope they feel of the LOVE Elder Nelson and I have for them! Have a great week my wonderful Ohana!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! can't wait for all the italian meals we get to try from your mission adventures. Congratulations on the 5 baptisms. You are the most amazing missionary ever!

    ReplyDelete