Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday january 4, 2011 (sorry its late/from last week)

Wow!! What a week! We have had a great week! We just contacted this morning, a refferl from Oregon and he was amazingly prepared to receive us! He said he wants to be Baptised and that he had been waiting for us to come! He went to church a lot and feels like this is right for him! What a miracle! This is one of many this week! We were Also able to see Katy be baptised and receive the Holy Ghost! She was Baptised on new years and it was a great way to start it off! She was Most likely the first person in our time zone to be baptised this year! We held it in the morning and it went smooth! She was a little sick, but still showed! Poor Girl, We went a little too early to fill the Font and so by the time she was Baptised, It was Freezing cold! hahaha Nah but she was a good sport! Oh and to also add the the craziness... We learned to never leave the font as its filling! We started filling it then we went to finish the Baptismal program and print it out. By the time we got back, it was actually just in time... A little later and we might have had the room filled too! No joke it was close! But it was awesome, we drained the font a little and proceeded with the baptism! Wow k random, so the guy next to me just turned to me and said"Are you from that Devil state?" I said "wow what?" He said "I was just in Utah and i hate them! they took my car, ... They Stole it!" I was like "That sucks.... Can you get it back?" He said "no cause the Mormons took it" He said the Cops in Utah "took" his car and that he hates this church??? WOW... Hes a Nut! I apologized to him and told him we don't own the state but he responded "You think you do" It was fun to talk to him and he ended up telling me his life story about how his mom killed 10 people and got away with it... I told him God knew each of the people she killed individually and she would regret those decisions soon enough! He actually agreed with me and went on about how he knows what God looks like... And the Devil! He said the Devil had wings cause he was "the fallen angel" and that he had a real picture of himself with God, in his van! I Testified to him that we know God too even though we are not always as blessed to speak face to face with him as he does! He said we worship the Devil, and the Devil told him that "He" Works with us (the Mormons) hahahaha I said he should probably stop talking to the Devil as often as he did and i wished him the best life ever! Then he left... Yet another example of "IDAHOS FINEST" Anyway life is sooo good and i am yet again so grateful that we are a part of the one and only true and living church of Jesus Christ! I am also grateful that we "own Utah" hahaha nah but I hope we all this year can continue to be obedient to our Savior and follow him more fully in all we do and say! Never let anyone mock or degrade the Church Of Christ! I feel like the scriptures say, "Fear not what man can do for lo, I am With you"... He will be there for us always! This new year will be filled with opportunities to share this gift we have! It is my prayer and hope that we can all "Go and do" as we open our mouths and are filled with the spirit! I love you all! A hui ho.

--
-Elder Runnels

No comments:

Post a Comment