Thursday, December 16, 2010

The almost accident

This has been the best most amazing week of my mission! I have had some of the craziest experiences and most spiritual ones too! To start it all off, Transfers went well! We were all safe and everyone is in their new areas Rippin it up! I was so grateful and i do know that i was helped alot! The driving hours and hours did not even phase me at all! It was a huge blessing! So Mon. was regular transfers, Tue. was when the new missionaries arrived and wed was when the departing missionaries left! Starting with Tue. We got the New arriving Missionaries in the morning then took them on a quick tour around town the to Presidents Hale for lunch! There were 3 Polys in the group and Elder Fernandez from Hawaii came in! He is going to be a great missionary! So we gave a training to the new Elders and sister, I felt so bad cause they left the M.T.C. at 4:00 am so they were beat! Anyway we tried to make it fun for them to keep them awake! We split off 3 ways to take them to their areas! Elder anderson and Elder Nelson went north to Oregon and i went south to Twin Falls and Burley! It was a crazy trip! So as we get past the airport we were going 75 miles per hour.. (no worry, that's the speed limit out there) we were doing just fine! Singing to Christmas music and having fun. Then i saw a semi-flat bed truck pull up next to me and go in front of me. I thought nothing of it, but then i saw a huge Log it was carrying... I was then hit with a vision clear as day of the log falling off the truck and rolling towards our van! We were pulling the trailer and we had some of the most precious cargo in the van. (Servants of the Lord) All of this happened in such slow motion for me! A few seconds passed and the truck pulled more ahead of me, then the craziest thing happened! Out of no where a shovel flies off the top or the semi and starts its trip towards our van. The shovel was bouncing and tumbling over 5 feet in the air at times and it was amazing to see how a shovel could bounce like that! As the screams started in the van i knew perfectly what to do... I started pumping the brakes cause the trailer has no brakes and swerving out of the way! With every bounce the shovel took a new direction, and in response, so did my driving! i saw the trailer in the back of the van swaying hard from side to side and we ended up in skidding halt next to some barrels that were used for construction! The shovel landed 2 feet from my drivers door and everyone, though shaken up, was safe! It may not have seemed like much to you but think of what a flat head heavy duty snow shovel could do it it hit our windshield, or if we ran it over and it shattered our tire, or if our van tipped! It was a huge miracle and i was so grateful for the tender mercie that was bestowed upon me! I was guided buy the hand of God and i know he had his Angels round about his van carrying his servants that day! As we came to a stop i threw on the hazards and stopped traffic to get the shovel out of the Highway! I had the Elder in the front seat put the cones we hit back in place, i threw the shovel in the trailer and we said a prayer of Gratitude for the safety we had! I have a huge testimony of saying prayers before travel. I know it was the humble prayer of the "Greenie" that saved us that day! I feel bad for the new Missionaries cause they wee silent the rest of the ride hahaha, but all is well and God is Great! After the lone trip, our conversion was strengthened and we even scored a new shovel (which with all honesty we were going to buy one the next day!), and there was not a dent on anyone or the car! it was amazing and i had never seen a vision so clear before in my life! It prepared me and though like in the vision, the log stayed on... I was prepared for the worst as the shovel came flying! Wow, sorry for the life story but i know with all my heart this church is true! I'm grateful for the service the Missionaries going home have provided and i love them all! It was a sad but joyous time! I know Jesus Lives and he Loves us more than we can even begin to imagine! Remember that this Christmas season, "Its all about Christ"! Please DO NOT send me anything! I do not need anything and i hope you all save your money and time for those you love around you! Please!!!! If you feel like you need to send something, I would really love a letter! I have been so impressed with testimonies lately and i want to hear yours! Tell me your conversion story of "why you believe" and a spiritual experience of yours! Unless its sacred of course! I would like nothing more for Christmas than to hear about Jesus Christ and his hand in your life! I love you all! Have a great week


--
-Elder Runnels

No comments:

Post a Comment